Wednesday 19 July 2017
General Provident Fund: Rate of Interest wef 1st July 2017 to 30th September 2017 @ 7.8% - DoEA (Budget Division) Order
(PUBLISHED IN PART I SECTION 1 OF GAZETTE OF INDIA)
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Economic Affairs
New Delhi, the 17th July, 2017
It is announced for general information that during the year 2017-2018, accumulations at the credit of subscribers to the General Provident Fund and other similar funds shall carry interest at the rate of 7.8% (Seven point eight per cent) w.e.f. 1st July, 2017 to 30th September, 2017. This rate will be in force w.e.f. 1st July, 2017. The funds concerned are:-
1. The General Provident Fund (Central Services).
2. The Contributory Provident Fund (India).
3. The All India Services Provident Fund.
4. The State Railway Provident Fund.
5. The General Provident Fund (Defence Services).
6. The Indian Ordnance Department Provident Fund.
7. The Indian Ordnance Factories Workmen’s Provident Fund.
8. The Indian Naval Dockyard Workmen’s Provident Fund.
9. The Defence Services Officers Provident Fund.
10 The Armed Forces Personnel Provident Fund.
Deputy Secretary (Budget)